University System Policy on Concurrent Faculty and Administrative Appointments
II-1.03 University System Policy on Concurrent Faculty and Administrative Appointments
(Approved by the Board of Regents, July 7, 2000)
1. Each faculty member appointed to a concurrent administrative position shall receive a formal letter of appointment.
- a. Any faculty member who is appointed to a concurrent administrative position shall receive a formal letter of appointment separate from his or her faculty contract appointment letter.
- b. A person who is simultaneously appointed to a faculty position and a concurrent administrative position shall receive a separate contract or appointment letter for each position.
- c. A serving administrator who is appointed to a concurrent faculty position shall receive a faculty contract or appointment letter separate from his or her administrative appointment letter.
2. A faculty member who holds a concurrent administrative position serves in that position at the pleasure of the appointing authority unless otherwise specified in the appointment letter. For such faculty members, termination of the administrative appointment does not affect faculty status.
3. Appointment letters for concurrent administrative positions shall:
d. Identify the applicable Board of Regents’ and institutional policies on the accrual of annual, sick, and personal leave;
e. State, for tenure-track faculty members, whether or not the time in the concurrent administrative position counts as time toward promotion and/or tenure; f. State whether or not the time in the concurrent administrative position is included or excluded when schedules of comprehensive review of tenured faculty are determined; and g. Indicate which faculty rights (e.g., voting rights) the person shall have, if any.