- On Thursday, October 1, a State of Maryland law -- the 2nd Lieutenant Richard Collins III Law -- will go into effect, changing the way hate crimes are prosecuted. On the same day, our university will join with Bowie State University and the Collins family to launch a joint Social Justice Alliance.
- Recent events have amplified the importance of our fundamental democratic processes. Now, more than ever, we need full participation in our democracy. Please make a plan to vote.
- The University of Maryland ranks No. 19 among the nation’s top public institutions in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Best Colleges edition released today. UMD jumped from No. 24 from last year on that list and from No. 64 to 58 among national universities in the rankings, frequently used by prospective college students and their families navigating the application process.
- Today, we write to you all to share the latest update that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the university budget. We want to assure you that our decisions are being guided by a commitment to sustain the excellence of our education, research and service missions, protect the health, safety and well-being of our campus community, and minimize the impact to the most vulnerable of our community.
- Based on a careful evaluation of a comprehensive list of factors, today I announce that we will proceed with our cautious, phased approach to the resumption of limited undergraduate in-person instruction on Monday, September 14 as planned. This represents approximately 15% of undergraduate classes offered this fall at the University of Maryland.
- In one of my first official duties as President, I outlined five initiatives and recommendations designed to create a more inclusive environment at the University of Maryland. Those announcements were just the beginning of our commitment to build a multicultural campus of excellence. Today, I am pleased to build further upon that commitment.