- Today, Governor Larry Hogan announced that, for the first time, the COVID-19 positivity rate in all Maryland jurisdictions - including here in Prince George’s County - has fallen below 5 percent. We need your help in keeping this trend going.
- Transparency and testing are two key measures in our plans for the gradual reopening of campus. It is important that we understand and track the presence of COVID-19 in our community, and we must continue to test for coronavirus in order to curb the spread. Today, we officially launch our public COVID-19 campus dashboard that will provide our community with transparent and timely data about the prevalence of COVID-19 within our campus, based on UMD-administered testing.
- The University of Maryland will begin the semester as scheduled on August 31 but will delay undergraduate in-person instruction until September 14. Undergraduate instruction will be delivered online for the first two weeks. All graduate-level instruction and approved research activities will proceed as planned.
- On July 14 and 15, 2020, the University of Maryland offered volunteer PCR COVID-19 testing to its entire campus community. The purpose of this testing pilot was to provide "free of charge" access to certified state of Maryland PCR COVID-19 testing to anyone, who is a student, or employee of the university.
- I have proudly served as your president for one week, and I continue to prioritize keeping you informed as we remain physically distant and dispersed. Seven days in, I want to provide some important updates to our community: