Meetings: 2009 (3.24) | The President’s Commission for LGBT Issues
Minutes of a meeting held on March 24, 2009
- Equity Conference scheduled for April 14 in the Colony Ballroom of the Stamp Union. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Suggestion to work with Human Resources and others to insure that LGBT issues are included in the University's official orientation and welcome to campus.
- Contact Marissa Stone at HR to talk about getting LGBT issues into the orientation process
- Work with faculty and University leadership to grow the number ofLGBT faculty
- Rainbow terrapin training is an important part of educating University faculty and staff. A part of the LGBT Equity Office (Luke Jensen)
- What departments need LGBT "literacy" training? What is the University's position? Could it be required for staff much as Sexual Harassment training was mandated?
- We should recommend uniform Sexual Harassment training which should include a component of gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Though we celebrate the availability of (domestic) partners benefits, we are not happy about the unequal taxes on benefits.
- Maryland System Policies are still unequal
- Family leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Tuition Remission
- State of Maryland polices unequal
- Real Estate Tax
- State taxes
- Need greater visibility for the LGBT Equity Office. Currently in the "basement" of Cole.
- Laramie Project readings on October 12. Looking for partners ($1000)
- May 21, Lavender Graduation
How should the University look in ten years?